Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mre2u

Roku won’t connect to hotspot

That is a TERRIBLE reply!   We often NEED to connect to mobile hotspots temporarily.  Sometimes the main network is out.  Please give appropriate answers.  Does ROKU use WEP or WPA-2?  There should be a selection if possible to maintain connectivity.  We await your reply at your earliest convenience.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku won’t connect to hotspot

Hi  @Mre2u

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done! Possible that there's likely an issue with your mobile hotspot. For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from your internet service provider to check if your wireless is capable of supplying internet fast enough to access and stream media content from Roku. 
Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Mandy154

I have the same problem but how do I find the house number?  Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Mandy154

Sorry phone changed hz to house. Hz is what I mean. 

0 Kudos
Mandy154

I already checked and hot spot works perfectly. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hello @Mandy154

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Thanks for posting here about your concern. To clarify, do you need additional support connecting your Roku device to the hotspot network? If so, could you tell us more details about the issue occurring? Do you receive an error message or code? And what Roku device do you have?

Keep us posted and we're happy to help you further. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos