Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elibethbon
Reel Rookie

New Roku Express 4k won’t connect to wifi

I’m trying to set up a new Roku express 4k on my LG Tv, it won’t connect to my Wi-Fi. I have turned off and unplugged the router, the Tv and the Roku but can’t get past the connection step (code 014.50) just says it can’t connect. My Wi-Fi is working fine. Any ideas what the problem is?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: New Roku Express 4k won’t connect to wifi

Hi @Elibethbon

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be delighted to look closely to see how we may assist you in getting started. Do you receive an error message when attempting to connect to your wireless network or when streaming a specific channel?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried re-connecting your Roku to a solid wireless network to see if that helps resolve the issue you are seeing? You may also try to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as another mobile phone signal typically provided and maintained by specific mobile phone (cellular) service providers, to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Elibethbon
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your help! I was able to set it up from a mobile hot spot. As to why it wouldn’t just connect to my TV who knows!

0 Kudos

i have the same problem i hate to have to buy a new tv 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @DLiebers2002

Thanks for getting in contact with the Roku Community. 

Let us help you get connected to the network. To start, may we ask do you receive an error message or code when trying to connect? What Roku mobile do you have, a TV or streaming device? Was your device able to detect any other wireless network? 

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos