Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aeverett35

Roku will no longer connect to my wi-fi network

My new roku randomly stopped connecting to my network one day and I cannot it to work no matter what I try. I have reset the router, reset the roku, tried retyping my password, but the wireless connection always fails despite the wi-fi working fine on all other devices. How can I get it to work? I have Fios as my provider 

15 REPLIES 15
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku will no longer connect to my wi-fi network

Hello @aeverett35

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be delighted to take a closer look to see how we can assist. Do you receive an error code or message when connecting to the network? Did you try to connect the device to your home network or to the router?

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your hotspot is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.
If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

Keep us posted with the details.

Regards,
Karla

I get error code 003 when trying to connect my ROKU TV to the internet....HELP!!

0 Kudos
DavidV
Channel Surfer

I have the identical issue - everything worked up through Thursday of this week, and Friday Roku cannot connect to the wi-fi. I've watched all your troubleshooting videos, unplugged the streaming stick and waited a couple minutes before plugging it back in, changed the batteries in my remote control, cleared and reentered my password. Roku recognizes my wi-fi signal strength as Excellent, but when I select Connect, the progress wheel just spins for several minutes before giving me the Red X. All other devices in my home that use the internet including phones work with my wi-fi, so it isn't the remote or the wi-fi or my internet service provider.

Roku Streaming Stick 3800X

YF00AF263557

S/N: CT394A263557

In service date: 12/27/2019

DavidV
Channel Surfer

Regarding my post above:

I just tried a different HDMI port on the back of my TV and that made no difference. Still would not connect and my error code was: 014.50.

SMG63
Reel Rookie

My brand new unit 4K Roku box been working fine for 10 days or so went in the bedroom to use it and I'm getting no wireless connection TV every other 1920 devices in the house are fine on the network and I'm getting that error 014.50 also I reset everything It's broken or is it coming from the Roku network on your end

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@SMG63and @DavidV , have you tried restarting all of your network equipment (gateway/modem/router)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
SMG63
Reel Rookie

Yes, thank  you for the quick reply. I hooked up my older HD unit and it works fine. Hmmm. I have the standard before the Express 4K units and they were still working in the other 3 rooms, so I said let me try the one I replaced for this newer 4K HDR10 just to see and it is working. Stuck with just HD for now. Maybe it will reset itself sitting unplugged overnight LOL. Thanks again! Also, after I reset it all, the error code did switch from 014.50 to a .30 LOL I am on ATT Gig Fiber...

DeanBagg
Reel Rookie

My Streaming 4K worked for three weeks without any problem. Then it errored "no wireless". I have restarted my router, restarted streaming stick, changed ports, etc and still no help. I can go through settings and get it to connect to my internet with a great signal, as soon as I try Hulu, Prime, Netflix or any app it just sits until I get error message in about 3 minutes. I can get it veto connect through settings again, but loses connection every time I go to an app. Very frustrating.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DeanBagg

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing? In addition, have you tried changing the channel on your wireless network?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos