Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winpakbob
Channel Surfer

Roku streaming stick 4k no signal

Has anyone else experienced this issue with support?  I have and active ticket.  I have jumped through all the hoops they put in the way and still have a dead 4K stick.  The last "test" I did was swap my device with another exact same device on the same tv and port.  Mine is still dead "no signal".  So we are at the point where it needs to be replaced.  Fast forward months... I keep getting emails from support with my ticket number asking if my problem has been resolved and if I don't respond in three days the ticket will be closed.  So the first five times (no kidding) I went through the whole situation but about a week later I get the exact same email "is this resolved" with no response to my responses.  I even said in one of my responses asking if anyone is actually reading these responses.  So now I am just copying and pasting my last response and sending it back every time I get another email.  The email is very long now because everything is there/

Has anyone else been stuck with support that is sending ticket inquiries but not reading responses?  So frustrating for a $39 device that has been proved dead.  I just gave up but continue to copy and pasting my responses to the ticket closing request until maybe, someday, a real person will respond.  Sorry for the long post but was curious if this is happening to others.

Thanks, I have moved on but curious.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Bullwinkle68
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku streaming stick 4k no signal

Yes. Exact same thing happened to me.  Says a lot about their lack of customer support.  Mine was on an $80 model.  I returned it for refund and bought a fire stick.  No more problems. 

0 Kudos
Bullwinkle68
Channel Surfer

I also kept getting the SAME canned response with solutions that didn’t work.  What a surprise. 

0 Kudos
Bullwinkle68
Channel Surfer

SOMEONE doe’s monitor the forum.  I posted my issues with the Roku that went belly up since the last update.  I said I was fed up and bought a competitor’s product.  Lo and behold my post was deleted.  Great customer service you have Roku. (Sarcasm). 

0 Kudos
Venomsbudd

Re: Roku express no signal, works on other tv

I hooked up hdmi to roku device then to my non smart tv everything plugged in still no roku , I do see a white light on roku want work on hdmi 1 or  hdmi 2 how to fix

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express no signal, works on other tv

@Venomsbudd You need to provide some additional information. What model TV do you have, and what model Roku are you using? Some older non-Smart TVs don't support the necessary resolutions for a Roku, despite them having an HDMI port.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
winpakbob
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Streaming Stick not booting

Exact same problem.  4K stick won't start at all.  "No Signal".  Went through all the hoops many times, swapped with another device and proved it was dead.  Keep getting the "Will close the ticket in three days..." message but no one ever reads my response.  Keep getting the same email back but no response.  Terrible lack of customer service and obvious bot answers my emails.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Stick not booting

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for posting here regarding the issue you have encountered with the Roku Streaming Stick.

It has come to our attention that your Roku Streaming Stick is not working as intended, giving the "No Signal" message, and we're here to assist. We appreciate you taking the time to perform various troubleshooting steps in an attempt to resolve the issue, and we're here to help you address the problem at hand. 

We would like for your cooperation to help us in addressing the issue, as we'd like to gather further information. Could you please provide the following details below:

• When did you first encounter the issue?
  • What model of Roku Streaming Stick is having the issue?
  • Can you please provide us with an image or a video referring to the issue?
  • What specific troubleshooting steps have you attempted?

This information we receive is valuable for our team to work on the issue and provide the best resolution to address the problem.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.