Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Infinitee

Roku remote won’t connect to Roku express

I just moved and had my WIFI equipment updated. I usually use my Roku app on my iPhone for my Roku express. For some reason, I cannot connect to my Roku express to my new WiFi from my phone. I have used it this way for years. Now I have no option in the app to connect my Roku express to my new WiFi . Please help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote won’t connect to Roku express

@Infinitee 

The Roku device remembers the last known network connection.

If you change your wifi credentials at your router to match your previous wifi credentials, the Roku device and mobile app should be able to connect.

Basically, set up your new router to use the wifi network name and wifi password that your previous router used.

The wifi credentials are in your router under the wifi SSID (network name) and Security settings (wifi password).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.