Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
galilio

Roku not connecting to internet please help

Jump to solution

My Roku TV, which is less than a year old, is displaying error message 014.40 and not connecting to the internet, all of the sudden. It finds the internet just fine, but won’t connect to it. It won’t connect to my phone hotspot either. I’ve tried unplugging the TV, clearing the cache, factory resetting it, resetting the router, restarting the system multiple times, and nothing seems to work. The Ethernet MAC and IP addresses are both all zeroes. Do I have a faulty TV?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku not connecting to internet please help

Jump to solution

Hi @galilio,

Greetings and Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having network issues with your Roku TV, and the issue has been persistent despite the troubleshooting steps you've taken. Could you please tell us if what brand is your Roku TV?

In the meantime, you visit our support article for more information about the network issue you're having at this ink: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted, and we'll assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku not connecting to internet please help

Jump to solution

Hi @galilio,

Greetings and Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having network issues with your Roku TV, and the issue has been persistent despite the troubleshooting steps you've taken. Could you please tell us if what brand is your Roku TV?

In the meantime, you visit our support article for more information about the network issue you're having at this ink: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted, and we'll assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.