Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku not connecting to T-Mobile hotspot

@jt240z 

Glad you have it up and working, and thanks for posting an update regarding the different settings that are working with your TMobile hotspots.  When you get a chance, can you post the model numbers of these hotspots as well so other users can find this thread when searching.

Good idea to use 720p to limit bandwidth usage.  An additional setting that may help you as well is to Enable Bandwidth Saver. (Settings/Network/Bandwidth Saver/[On]).  This will stop streaming after 4hrs in case you inadvertently leave the device on/fall asleep.  Additionally, make sure you return to the Home Screen each time you are finished streaming for the session, (press the Home button on remote).  Otherwise, the device will keep streaming and using bandwidth if you simply turn off the TV without returning "Home" first.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
jt240z
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku not connecting to T-Mobile hotspot

Thanks for the heads up on the sleep mode setting.  I will implement that as well.

The T-Mobile hotspot device I'm using is the T-Mobile Quanta D53 5G.  It's a relatively new unit on the market.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.