Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Egaul2

Re: Roku not connecting to T-Mobile hotspot

Jump to solution

Hello, how did you change the settings of your TMobile hotspot? We recently had to switch to TMobile from Sprint due to their merger. It was going okay till the same thing happened to us. It a stressful situation with 6 kids 😳

0 Kudos
abbybart74
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You go to your account with t-mobile on a computer, the address that stars with 192., etc. then follow the instructions that I commented on.

0 Kudos
cdmilton88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Go to your hotspots website, the page that starts with 192, then go to settings, then mobile network, then APN, then add a profile (I just did profile5 fast.t-mobile.com) and select IPV4. Select that profile that you made and click save changes. Restart your hotspot and it should work.

jessewwolf

Jump to solution

Where did you find the .com and how and where do you type it in with the IpV4? Neither ROKU or Metro PCS/T-Mobile could help me with this. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jessewwolf 

Instructions for changing APN can be found here. (https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/t-mobile-hotspot)

Look specifically under "Connections and Network", then expand "Network and APN".

Login to the WebGui and either follow these instructions or those posted by @cdmilton88 above for an example APN.  Basically you need to verify IPv4 is selected after creating a new APN name.

Create a new APN (Access Point Name)
Your mobile hotspot comes pre-configured with the access point name (APN) for your network service provider. The mobile hotspot checks the APN to determine the type of network connection to establish.

Access the hotspot WebUI Manager.
Click Settings > Network Settings.
Click the Add button under the APN list. A pop-up box will appear to create new APN.
Enter the Profile Name of APN.
Enter the APN.
Enter the Username and Password.
Select Authentication Mode: PAP or CHAP.
Select IPType: IPv4 or IPv4v6.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
lonekwolf

Jump to solution

man, thanks so much, this finally did the trick for me after 2 days of pulling what's left of my hair out.

Cat04

Jump to solution

Thank You! I thought I was going to go insane!

Idowufam

Jump to solution

Thanks this worked for my T-Mobile hotspot. That placed two Roku sticks in our new cars rear entertainment system head rest screen.