Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeejChi

Roku device not connecting to the network

Jump to solution

I was away for a few days. When I got home Roku would not connect to the internet. I did all the usual things and finally even tried a different router.

I have done all the restarts, etc. my phone connects, my computer connects bur ROKU no.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku device not connecting to the network

Jump to solution

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community, @Htbmd1982!

We understand that you're facing connectivity issues with your Roku stick. But no worries, we're here to assist you and get it sorted.

Have you tried restarting your internet router and device? This simple step can often improve your connection. We recommend giving it a try and seeing if it makes a difference.

Here are the steps you can follow:

Use the following steps to restart your modem and router.

1. Unplug both your modem and router from power
  2. Please wait 10 seconds and then plug them back in
  3. Wait for your modem and router to fully restart
  4. Use a phone, tablet, or computer to confirm the internet connection is working.
  5. Test the connection on your Roku device.

Use the following steps to restart your streaming device from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

If you need additional help, please visit our support website on How to improve the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection to your Roku streaming device.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know. We are here to help.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Do you get any error messages or codes when you try to connect?  Can you connect to your phone's hotspot?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Peifferk75

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm having an issue with 2 roku devices. One is the small express roku and the other is a 52" roku tv. There is one roku here that is having no issues @ all. ive tries everything (reboot, factory reset, logging out & back in) nothing works. Everything else is connecting just fine (laptops, tablets etc.) I read there was a hack to over 300,000 accts and wonder if that may be the problem. If u cld please assist me with this issue, it'd be great. Thanks so much,

Kevin Peiffer

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Peifferk75,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with connecting your Roku device. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

• When did the issue start?
  • What error message or code are you getting?
  • To clarify, are you having trouble connecting to the network or to a certain channel?

Please elaborate and specify with us the issue that you are experiencing so we can further assist you. You can also attach a photo as our reference.

We are eager to hear from you and investigate this matter further. Thank you!

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                    Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have error code 009. When I try to connect how can I fix this

0 Kudos
Htbmd1982

Jump to solution

Hi, I’m having the same problem with many of my Roku sticks.  All of them stop working with the span of around the same day.  Is there a solution for this?  Thank you so much

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community, @Htbmd1982!

We understand that you're facing connectivity issues with your Roku stick. But no worries, we're here to assist you and get it sorted.

Have you tried restarting your internet router and device? This simple step can often improve your connection. We recommend giving it a try and seeing if it makes a difference.

Here are the steps you can follow:

Use the following steps to restart your modem and router.

1. Unplug both your modem and router from power
  2. Please wait 10 seconds and then plug them back in
  3. Wait for your modem and router to fully restart
  4. Use a phone, tablet, or computer to confirm the internet connection is working.
  5. Test the connection on your Roku device.

Use the following steps to restart your streaming device from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

If you need additional help, please visit our support website on How to improve the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection to your Roku streaming device.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know. We are here to help.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos