Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike1960

Roku connecting to wifi internet

I'm having trouble with connecting my Roku device to my modem that I just received today. I'm connecting my Roku to my wifi modem and it says connectivity is excellent but everytime I get ready to start streaming on the ruku channel app. The app keeps telling me the app requires internet to chack internet

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku connecting to wifi internet

@Mike1960 

What is the Roku model number (Settings..System..About), and who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

Include any error messages (14.30 error codes, etc).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Mike1960- To check your internet connection, use this Roku menu path, starting at the Roku home screen: Settings > Network > Check connection

When it has completed, Settings > Network > About will show you lots of info about your connection (or lack thereof), including the network name, channel number, and download speed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
FitzAlan
Binge Watcher

I have a similar problem. To start off, the problem is not the ISP or the router as the Roku in the next room is working fine. Roku sees my wifi and identifies the signal as excellent. But it will not connect to the network, giving me error code 14.30. I’ve restarted everything in the system, modem, router, Roku, and TV, at least ten times. The problem began while I was using the Roku. I changed from Netflix to Spectrum, but never got to Spectrum. The Roku is a Premier 3920X. Software is 11.0.0, build 4193-91. 

0 Kudos
TCLStreamer
Streaming Star

@FitzAlan  Your particular Roku only connects to the 2.4 GHz WiFi b,g,n. You will need to reconfigure your modem to work with it. 

0 Kudos
FitzAlan
Binge Watcher

My Roku was working just fine with this modem until yesterday. And an old Roku Stick 3500X works with this modem. 

0 Kudos
TCLStreamer
Streaming Star

Your Stick is dual band so it’s not affected by it. Your Premier is a base model Roku. They can only work on the 2.4 GHz WiFi. Who is your ISP? Your ISP might have pushed out an update which knocked off your 2.4 connection 

0 Kudos
FitzAlan
Binge Watcher

The router is set for both 2.4 and 5ghz. 

0 Kudos
FitzAlan
Binge Watcher

ISP = Spectrum. 

0 Kudos
TCLStreamer
Streaming Star

The modem is set to 2.4 yes but you need to be sure it’s using b,g,n. You can call Spectrum or log into the modem yourself and change the settings. There should be a sticker on the bottom of your modem indicating how to access it

0 Kudos