Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rockuishorrible
Reel Rookie

Roku cannot connect to Wi-Fi

This is ridiculous. There are 6 Rokus in the house, and only one will not connect to Wi-Fi. It is sitting inches from the router.

I've tried all the reboots, but it makes no sense that only one Roku cannot connect to Wi-Fi, meaning there must be some defect, but the Roku support is playing dumb, from chat to email responses.

Tell me, what is the reason that 5 Rokus can connect to WiFi, and one cannot?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku cannot connect to Wi-Fi

Some possibilities.  Inches from the router can be an issue in my experience.  I’ve had issues with laptops that close to a router.  Another possibility is differing capabilities of different models.  For example, some models are 2.4GHz only and some will use either band.  The ones that use 2.4GHz only are sensitive to Wi-Fi modes, and some routers have received updates that have turned the b mode (802.11b) off requiring the user to login to the router and turn it back on.  Of course, being busted is another possibility.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.