Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cvincent2

Roku Ultra Wired Connection Does not Work

Similar issue. Ultra. Wired connection.

have Run fine for years on wired. Yesterday wired connection issue. Now i can only connect wirelessly.

When i “set up connection”, wired, prompted if at hotel/dorm or home. Never had that prompt before. 

Roku ultra 4800X. Running many years. Have power cycled whole signal chain (gateway, router, switch, roku and tried different ethernet wire). On roku have done network connection reset, power system restart, and software up to date last time may 15  (v13.0.0 build 24056-C2 )

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
TexasBuyer
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra Wired Connection Does not Work

None of the tips suggested by Roku tech support work.  Unless this is resolved, I think I will stop purchasing Roku  products in the future and switch to Apple TV or another ecosystem.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra Wired Connection Does not Work

Hi, @Cvincent2 @TexasBuyer 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you've encountered with your Roku Ultra not getting connected with the Wired Network or with your ethernet, and we appreciate you for taking the time and effort to troubleshoot the issue.

For this moment, we'd like to investigate this issue, and we would need a hand for us to review this case further. We'd like to ask for the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Internet Service Provider and Modem/Router Model and Brand where the ethernet is connected from.
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we gather these information, we'll forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We hope to hear back a response from you regarding this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos