Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kapqa12
Binge Watcher

Roku Ultra 2024 / disable WiFi completely

Hello ,

i am inquiring this model hoping to buy,

would like to use the Ultra in wired mode<

is it possible to disable the WiFi completely doing so?

also the WiFi Direct for the remotePro?

thank you very much for help and clarifying.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
kapqa12
Binge Watcher

Re: UltraPro Roku TV replacement remote

hello ,

sorry if i hijack the thread,

but is it still possible to @convert the RF/remote Pro to a IR-based one with the new Ultra 2024 model?

someone on the forum here described a procedure that would disable the AcessPoint (WiFi) for the remote by entering a code< and thus enabling IR/remote,

or is the Rokul Ultra 2024 automatically IR enabled?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Ultra 2024 / disable WiFi completely

No, WiFi cannot be disabled in the device.

WiFi Direct in the device can be disabled, but only if not using a paired WiFi Direct remoteSettings/System/Advanced System Settings/Device Connect = Disable Device Connect

WiFi/WiFi Direct cannot be disabled in the remote.

0 Kudos
kapqa12
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Ultra 2024 / disable WiFi completely

thank you,

if i understood you correctly, i would need to buy another remote (which should be only IR-based),

and then i could disable WiFi completely in the Roku Ultra 2024, via Settings, and not loosing functionality (i don't mind loosing Voice Remote since i wouldnt use the feature anyway) ?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.