Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
judywatson
Reel Rookie

Roku Signal Strength Excellent, Yet Won't Connect to My Intel Evo Laptop

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out to the community because I've encountered a puzzling issue with my Roku device and my Intel Evo laptop [https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/intel-evo ], and I'm hoping someone might have some insights or suggestions to help me out.

Here's the problem I'm facing:

Signal Strength Excellent but No Connection: Despite having excellent signal strength on my Roku device, my Intel Evo laptop refuses to connect to it. The Roku device is clearly visible on my network, and other devices in the house can connect to it without any issues. However, my laptop seems to be unable to establish a connection, even though the signal strength is strong.
This issue is perplexing because the signal strength indicates that the Roku device should be accessible, but for some reason, my Intel Evo laptop is unable to connect to it. I've tried troubleshooting the issue by restarting both the Roku device and my laptop, but the problem persists.

The inability to connect to my Roku device from my Intel Evo laptop is frustrating, especially considering that other devices can connect seamlessly. I rely on the ability to stream content from my laptop to the Roku device for entertainment and productivity purposes, and not being able to do so is proving to be quite inconvenient.

If anyone else has encountered a similar issue where their Intel Evo laptop fails to connect to a Roku device despite excellent signal strength, or if you have any suggestions for troubleshooting and resolving this issue, I would greatly appreciate your insights.

Thank you all in advance for your help and support.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.