Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DRMAD

Re: Roku express (>1.5y old) suddenly cannot find my wifi network, nothing fixes it

Jump to solution

I have Roku speakers which are an absolute pain. Whenever I can't connect I go to settings and turn the wi-fi speakers off and use the tv speakers. Wi-fi connection is immediate.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku express (>1.5y old) suddenly cannot find my wifi network, nothing fixes it

Jump to solution

Hi @DRMAD,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your feedback and we’re sorry you're having trouble with the Roku wireless speakers. If we understand it correctly, you are facing an issue with connecting your Roku wireless speakers to the Roku host device.

As a first step, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding How to set up your Roku wireless speakers | Official Roku Support

If the steps provided by the Support page still aren't helping, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Billy5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried all the items you suggested and still nothing works. It

wwgscott
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Unplug your router for at least 20 seconds unplug your roku 

plug your router in 

after it reboots plug your roku in, see if it works

if not reset the wifi connection

0 Kudos
glennh03
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks, but tried all that and it doesn't help.  Also hard reset the wireless connection on the Roku and hard reset the Roku. It seems to be a Roku issue as no other devices having issues with the wifi.

0 Kudos
wwgscott
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi

others have had issues with this and eventually get it to work. 
make sure your router is running 2.4 ghz and not just 5g.
make sure router and roku box are away from each other

can download  an app called fing and it will show what is connected to the router and the settings

0 Kudos
glennh03
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks.  I'll give it a go.

Any idea what causes it & why it resolves itself?

Glenn

0 Kudos
wwgscott
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had it happen with my laptop wifi not showing up and would not connect.

turned out the router gave its ip address that it had been using to one of the other devices. There by causing the wifi and ip address to not show up  for it as router is protecting itself other wise both would crash.

thats about all i can figure what is causing these issues.

only other option may be to isolate one ip address for the roku device in the router if you can figure out how to do it.
enjoy 😀 

0 Kudos
wwgscott
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Usually what i do when roku did it i shut down all wifi connecting devices.

reboot wifi. Unplug the power cord 20 seconds then plug back in

reset the network in the Roku do not put a new one in.

unplug it . For 10 seconds plug back in

reset the the network in roku 

bring all other device back to wifi

0 Kudos
glennh03
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yep.  But sometimes even when I restart the router and the Roku it still can't find the network.  End up having to do it multiple times.

All the help & suggestions are great, but at the end of the day this is A ROKU ISSUE.  All my other devices work fine and don't have these issues - phones, laptops, cameras, thermostats, alexa etc etc.  Just the Roku and the constant rebooting is annoying to anyone using anything else.

ROKU - FIX THIS 

0 Kudos