Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meeeee

Re: Roku Express not connecting to wifi November 2023

Jump to solution

I'm having the same trouble and the only thing people say is restart, restart, blah blah blah. I need real help because even my wifi app on my phone says it's connected but the roku will not connect despite the (excellent signal strength

0 Kudos
steveamen

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues.   I recently upgraded by home WiFi to Cox panoramic fiber.  Now my Roku Express disconnects constantly.  I've managed to get it connected again by rebooting the router and the Roku, but it doesn't stay connected.   These are supposed to be "plug and play" and not something that requires an advance knowledge of IT in order to use!!  Seems like all the "solutions" offered up in these posts (and many others) are not especially helpful.   Is there an actual solution to this?

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@steveamen 

Try going into your 2.4ghz settings in your router and set the "Wireless Mode" to b/g/n and see if that stops your disconnections.

----

If you are using the Roku Express 3960, try using it only on the 5ghz band.  If you have any other model of the Roku Express other than the 3960, those models are 2.4ghz-only capable so will likely need to make the b/g/n change to keep connected on the 2.4ghz band.

You can see your model number from Settings/System/About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
steveamen

Jump to solution

I'm looking at that now, but don't see anything that looks like that.   

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@steveamen 

What is your router model number?

And did you check your model number of the Roku Express as well?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos