Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Express Won’t Stay Connected

I’ve had my Roku Express for about two years and have never had a problem. But for the last couple weeks, my Roku consistently disconnects from the WiFi every few minutes. It eventually connects back but I can not make it through an entire show episode or movie. I even called the WiFi company and they helped me realize that it must be the Roku because all my other devices stay connected just fine. Am I gonna have to buy a new Roku?!  Or what is there to do? I’ve already reset it multiple times and tried all the troubleshooting techniques that are recommended. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express Won’t Stay Connected

@LaMarkoJones 

Roku Express is the only current lineup device that only works on 2.4 GHz band. And, many ISPs have been changing the settings to their supplied wireless routers from 802.11 b/g/n to g/n, which will cause connectivity issues.

If this is the problem, and if you can change it back -- many times the settings are user accessible -- then your Roku device should start working as it had.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos