Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cannese
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4K+ Constantly Dropping WiFi

I have 2 Roku Express 4K+ devices. One of them works fine without issue, but the other device constantly drops Wi_Fi connection and the only way to resolve it is to reboot the device. It happens up to 5 times and hour and is incredibly frustrating. 

I have swapped the devices multiple times to eliminate any of the outside factors so it appears to be a faulty device. I have tried all the suggested fixes (router changes, software updates, setting adjustments) but nothing works. 

Has anyone who has experienced this found a fix? Or am I 40 dollars in the hole with a faulty device? 

#roku express 

#3941r

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 4K+ Constantly Dropping WiFi

@Cannese 

If the device is less than a year old, it should qualify for warranty replacement. (https://support.roku.com/article/208757058)

Sounds like you have tried the recommended troubleshooting and if swapping to the working location of your other Roku device didn't see any improvement, then can reasonably assume you have a faulty/defective device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Torywv

Re: Roku Express 4K+ Constantly Dropping WiFi

The roku express is faulty. Mine cant connect every time I turn on the tv. If I pause for too long it kicks me out. Roku needs to step up or I'm replacing my devices and not buying from them ever again

0 Kudos