Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grizzly
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

My roku suddenly stopped connecting to the internet yesterday. I have restarted both the router and the roku box. My internet provider says everything is okay from their side. Why is the roku not connecting.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Grizzly your problem is likely completely different than the content of this thread. You should probably start a new thread to ensure it's seen by the people who can assist.

When you do that, you need to provide some additional information. We need to know specifically what model Roku you have, not its name but the model number. If it's a Roku TV, who manufactured it? Is this  a wired or wireless connection? Is any other network devices having a problem? How do you connect to the Internet, your own connection or a shared network (such as some apartment complexes have)?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Tottie1987
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Customer service didnt help. Ended up buying a Roku ultra for 100 bucks. But it works, it's connected to 5g, didn't even bother going back to 2.5

For the Roku for the living room we went with fire stick got 2 different devices to rule out that it was our modem.

How all the Roku express in my house suddenly stops connecting to internet

0 Kudos
Bates5

Jump to solution

my roku will not hook into my wifi it was hook into it now all of a sudden it wont say it has excellent signal strength but still will not sign into it

0 Kudos
kmrsy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well, Bates, welcome to the club. Mine stopped working for 3 weeks. Nothing helped. I finally switched to an Infinity Flex box, but  kept checking the Roku for signs of life. I wasted many hours trying to fix it to no avail.  Then suddenly, for no reason at all, it started working again.  Maybe you'll get lucky like I did.

0 Kudos
KPL2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Have Hometown Entertainment AT&T internet service and was able to connect to Roku on 1-9-22 in the morning but afternoon it sees the signal but won't connect on either of my two Roku's.  Tried everything I have read to restarting Roku, reset to factory settings, and restarting AT&T router but nothing works.  Everything else still connects to WiFi internet.  It will connect to the hot spot on my cell phone which is also AT&T.  Have emailed internet provider and will see what they say when I get back from work today.  Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @KPL2

Thanks for the post.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected devices are Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KPL2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks.  I remembered I had a Netgear WiFi extender on the opposite side of the house and didn't think it was using that one but the main router.  I reset it and now both Roku's are working again.

0 Kudos
Moser5

Jump to solution

Roku suddenly won't connect to the internet

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Moser5 You are not providing enough information. Is this a Roku TV or player? If a player, what model number (not the name)? Are you seeing your WiFi, or does it not appear in the list? Does any WiFi appear in the list?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos