Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sue13
Channel Surfer

ROKU Express losing internet

I have 2 ROKU Express devices, connected to 2 different televisions, powered by wall outlets. I recently connected them to a new Franklin T10 Hotspot. Both worked just fine for days. Then, this morning, both ROKU devices get an excellent signal from the hotspot, but neither device will connect to the Internet. My Android phone connects perfectly with the hotspot, so it's not the hotspot issue. Multiple restarts, resets, of all devices don't help, and T-Mobile tech support tested things from their end. It's definitely a ROKU issue. Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: ROKU Express losing internet

0 Kudos
Sue13
Channel Surfer

Thanks, but I have no idea of how to "create a new APN", and especially, how or what entering a new APN is. Can anyone else help, please?

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Did you follow the link in that thread with the instructions?  You need to do this on the hotspot device, so you'll be interacting with that device to fix the issue.  Look at the solution post from @AvsGunnar.

0 Kudos
Sue13
Channel Surfer

Yes, I followed the link, and instructions. But when I got to the step, Enter APN, I don't know what that is, what it should look like, so how can I enter it?

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

I would suggest checking the last two posts in the thread, and if that still doesn't work, posting a reply there.  I don't have one of those hotspots or that internet service so I can't tell you much.

0 Kudos
Sue13
Channel Surfer

Adding APN to Franklin T10 hotspot fix did not last 24 hours

Yesterday, using this forum, I added an APN to my Franklin T10 hotspot using directions found here, because both of my ROKU Express 3900 devices lost Internet. The fix lasted less than 24 hours. Neither ROKU has Internet again. Please help.

0 Kudos
Sue13
Channel Surfer

The add APN fix worked, but for less than 24 hours. Neither ROKU will connect to the Internet again. Restarts of everything don't work.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Sue13

Thanks for the update.

Can you please specify the current issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos