Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveinca
Reel Rookie

Phillips ROKU TV won't hold wifi-internet connection

Hello – Little background. I bought a Phillips ROKU TV around the 1st of the year. It’s not used daily as it’s in my home office. The problem is since it was new, it keeps losing wifi/internet connection. Whenever I turn the TV on, the main screen says it’s not connected. I correct this by either establishing a new connection, which will only last until the tv is turned off, or by going into the system settings, then power, and doing a restart. The restart will usually connect the tv to wifi/internet, even though the check for connection will just spin as long as it let it.  This TV was under $200.00 so I didn’t expect it to be the best thing out there, but I would hope for something a bit more reliable than this. Are there any fixes for this problem? I’ve tried everything suggested in the community forum, and nothing lasts.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Phillips ROKU TV won't hold wifi-internet connection

Hi, @steveinca.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having trouble connecting your Roku TV to your internet. We'd be happy to help.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Power Cycle your device.
  2. Restart your router.
  3. Rest your network on your Roku TV by going to Settings System Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection.
    Note: Before doing make sure you know your WiFi credentials. 
    After the network reset, your Roku device will restart, and you will need to return to the Settings menu to set up your wireless network again.
  4. Connect your Roku TV to your mobile hotspot.
  5. Factory reset your device: Home > Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset > Factory reset everything.

Furthermore, you may also visit this support article on how to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device

Let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
steveinca
Reel Rookie

Re: Phillips ROKU TV won't hold wifi-internet connection

Just a follow up. Per an earlier email that I sent, the problem was only corrected by doing a "Factory Reset Everything". This corrected the problem for a few days. Yesterday evening we had a 15-20 minute power outage which of course caused our internet to fail. Since this power/internet outage the original issue has again returned. The TV loses wifi connection whenever the TV is turned off. So it seems I can either do a complete "Factory Reset Everything" each time we have a power or internet glitch or each time I turn on the TV I can go into settings > system > power > system restart in order to get the Roku working. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but at least I have a couple options to actually be able to use the TV. 

0 Kudos