Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kittihauke
Reel Rookie

Onn. Roku soundbar not connecting to internet

I purchased an onn. Roku soundbar at Walmart 3 days ago. It set up just fine, but a day later it stopped connecting to any wireless network. It is flashing orange but when I go to connect to a network it can't find any. I have even sat right in front of it with my mobile Hotspot on my phone (which I tried at both 2.4 ghz and 5.0 ghz.)

We have reset the soundbar numerous times, checked the power chords, changed the hdmi ports, and nothing works. Now it is stuck on the setup page, but since it cannot connect to any network we can't go to any of the roku settings.

Really frustrating it only worked for a day.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Onn. Roku soundbar not connecting to internet

Take it back to Walmart.  It sounds like you got a lemon.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Kittihauke

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be delighted to look closely to see how we may assist you in getting started. Do you receive an error message when attempting to connect to your wireless network or when streaming a specific channel?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried re-connecting your Roku to a solid wireless network to see if that helps resolve the issue you are seeing? You may also try to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as another mobile phone signal typically provided and maintained by specific mobile phone (cellular) service providers, to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Kittihauke
Reel Rookie

Hi Leanna,

Sorry for the delayed response. The error message comes up when trying to connect to the internet. We attempted to hardwire the chord in, but there is no ethernet port on the soundbar.

We tried connecting to another network but the problem is no network at all shows up. Even using my mobile Hotspot didn't work. It's not our internet connection because all other devices connect.

0 Kudos
Kittihauke
Reel Rookie

Will likely have to, but I wanted to check if there was any other trouble shooting we could try before doing so. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kittihauke

Thanks for the follow up.

As @renojim previously mentioned, it's possible that the device that you received is defective. We would recommend trying to exchange the device to see if the issue persists.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kittihauke
Reel Rookie

Thank you @RokuDanny-R. we ended up returning it

0 Kudos