Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delee
Channel Surfer

One Roku Express disconnects from Wifi, but the 2nd one doesnt.

I have 2 Roku Express units. Number 1 keeps disconnecting from the wifi -screen says "no connection". It only seems to happen when both Roku are being used at the same time. I've had both these units since 2020, and they have worked fine at the same time until last week.  The 2nd Roku has not disconnected at all. I have done all the reset options and it hasnt helped. The signal strenght is listed as excellent,  Internet download speed is 250mbps. Neither unit or modem has been mover closer or farther apart. 

When #1 does reconnect, it only last a few minutes and disconnect again saying "no connection" - this keeps going on until I turn it off and walk away. l I also will turn on #2 Roku, and watch a movie on my laptop, or use a Kindle, to see if #2 would loose connection, everything works fine- Nothing else disconnects. Could it be that Roku #1 went bad and needs to be replace?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: One Roku Express disconnects from Wifi, but the 2nd one doesnt.

Hi @delee,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with connecting the Roku Express to your home network. We would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

We want to perform a few steps below to make sure we are providing the best service:

1. Restart the network router. Disconnect the router from the power and connect it back
  2. Restart the Roku device : Settings>System>Power>System Restart
  3. Reset the Roku network settings: Navigate through Settings>System>Advanced System Settings>Network Connection Reset
  4. Setup Network: Navigate through Settings> Network>Setup Connection>Wireless Network and look for the network name
  5. Update Roku software: Navigate to Settings>System>System Update>Check Now to manually check for updates.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet | Roku

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
delee
Channel Surfer

I have done all the resets fixes multiple times. Nothing has made a difference. As mentined in the post, I have had both these units for over 2 years, this disconnecting problem only effects one of the units and just started happening recently.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @delee,

Thanks for following up and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device by going to Settings>System>About and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
delee
Channel Surfer

I replied to the email you sent with the serial number, did you receive it?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@delee

Thanks for the response. 

We checked our records and found no information about the email response you mentioned. If you are not comfortable posting the detail in public, feel free to send me a private message along with the serial number of your Roku device so we can best assist you further. 

We'll keep an eye on your update. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.