Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not connecting to Internet

Hello, I am a college student. I am trying to set my my Roku express in my college dorm. It worked for the first few days, but somehow it disconnects on its own. I’m trying to connect again, and somehow it it not letting me connect even though the WiFi is perfectly fine. What should I do? 

9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Not connecting to Internet

@Jojoangel01

Thanks for the post.

Are you connecting to a public wireless network? Are you using the Hotel & Dorm Connect feature on your Roku device?

For more information about Hotel & Dorm Connect, visit our Support page here: How do I use Hotel & Dorm Connect to connect to the internet?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zahiyah

My Roku has not been working for the past 2 days and I’ve had it for a year now. It’s not letting me connect to my internet when all my other devices that are connected to my internet is working perfectly fine @danny 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Zahiyah

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Furthermore, please be advised that your Roku Express+ (3931RW) is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
wasataxman

U really should put these replys into English

0 Kudos
Paul13

It seems odd that suddenly this happened to many people. I too have spent over a day reading through all these forums to try and get my Roku TV to connect to the internet. I have done everything suggested multiple times. What I cant find out how to do is to check the gigahertz settings. Any ideas?

Matwood26
Channel Surfer

I've noticed the same thing, lots of activity about this on downdetector.com. We have very strong internet/wifi and Roku express just stopped connecting Thursday. Nothing on router ever changed. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Paul13

Thanks for the post.

To check your router's 2.4 GHz signal, we would recommend reaching out to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) as they have the tools and knowledge to walk you through your router settings. 

We appreciate your understanding. Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Matwood26

Thanks for reaching out!

Have you checked if your router is broadcasting the 2.4 GHz wifi signal? I'd recommend starting with my suggestions in my post above then let us know if there's any difference after.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Not connecting to Internet

When I was writing my course work, the Internet suddenly disappeared. This was a real challenge as I needed access to resources and research online. I was worried for an hour, but then the internet came back and I could continue working. This experience taught me the value of access to information and preparedness for various disruptions that may arise in the process of studying and working.

0 Kudos