Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myicc

Non Dolby Vision Roku 4k??

Jump to solution

Is there any models of roku ultra or Express that has 4k/hdr and NOT dolby vision? my 2 sony tvs have known issues with DV so i have to manually turn it to 4k hdr... the ultra has better processor but seeing express only eithout DV. Unless an older unit but than csn be slower. Grrrr

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Non Dolby Vision Roku 4k??

Jump to solution

The Express 4K+ and the Streambars do not support DV. But there's no issue using a DV capable device on a display that doesn't support DV. It will simply revert to HDR10. They only output DV if the display supports it. If your Sony displays support DV but you don't like it, you can select 4K HDR in the display settings menu on the Roku. That setting should stick.

The Ultra (and maybe the Stick 4K+, I haven't looked) has a setting that turns DV/HDR on for all content (including the menus), but that really should be turned off for accurate video playback. The player just simulates DV/HDR, so isn't really accurate.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Non Dolby Vision Roku 4k??

Jump to solution

The Express 4K+ and the Streambars do not support DV. But there's no issue using a DV capable device on a display that doesn't support DV. It will simply revert to HDR10. They only output DV if the display supports it. If your Sony displays support DV but you don't like it, you can select 4K HDR in the display settings menu on the Roku. That setting should stick.

The Ultra (and maybe the Stick 4K+, I haven't looked) has a setting that turns DV/HDR on for all content (including the menus), but that really should be turned off for accurate video playback. The player just simulates DV/HDR, so isn't really accurate.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.