Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Candam

No onscreen prompt for hotel is popping up

Been  staying out of town for three months been using my roku then last week it would not give me option to use it at the hotel giving me an error code 009 when trying to connect. I think it is ridiculous you can't call and speak to someone 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No onscreen prompt for hotel is popping up

@Candam

Thanks for the post.

Are you making sure to connect to the hotel wireless network through the Roku Hotel & Dorm Connect feature?

For more information about how to use this feature, visit our Support page here: Hotel & Dorm Connect

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide more detailed information? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What are you seeing on screen?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alexism1

This is not helpful, 

it isn’t even prompting us to say weee at home or in a hotel/dorm I only use the Roku on the road so is there a way I can just say I’m always in a hotel? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Alexism1, sorry, no, although there have been several requests for such a thing.  There isn't much you can do if you're not getting the home/hotel prompt.  Sometimes it takes a call to the hotel's IT guy to whitelist your Roku's MAC address.  If you travel a lot you may want to look into a travel router that you connect to the hotel's network and then connect your Roku to that.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos