Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CptPoopy

Need help navigating dorm and hotel connect on an xfinity hotspot.

This is sort of hard to explain. When I first set up the xfinity account on my iphone, I couldn’t do it without a separate device to open the email to authenticate. If I left the page that popped up when I tried to sign into xfinity, then it would disappear when I tried to go back to it. I only have my iphone so I couldn’t used a different device to authenticate. I ended up doing it with my brothers help (and phone).

I’m trying to connect my tv to the hotspot at the place I just moved to. I’m pretty far away from my brother so I cant call him for help. When I try to go through the hotel and dorm connect thing, I get all the way to the point of signing into xfinity, and then I stop because I’m worried it will ask for email authentication again, and/or sign me out and I’ll lose wifi on both devices. Is there any way to turn off the authentication or can anyone guarantee that I won’t get signed out of xfinity on my phone (and lose access to the hotspot). If that happens then I’ll likely have to go without wifi for the rest of the week and I don’t have a cell plan right now so I wouldnt be able to communicate with anyone. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.