Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tader

Multiple issues converging

Hi All, 

Really frustrated here with the lack of Roku support. But here are the issues, a Roku premiere (3920x) frequently disconnects from network. It is located about 2 feet from router and no other item on network has this issue. I have tried factory resets and nothing fixes the issue long term. This happens 15 - 20 times a day. The issue is compounded by remotes. I have tried several remotes (enhanced voice, and voice remote pro) both of which disconnect from the Roku randomly. The enhanced voice remote would require the batteries to be removed and reset in order to work again while the voice remote pro needs to be forgotten and re-paired. At this point I think the issue is with the Roku premiere, but I don't have any idea what the solution would be. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Multiple issues converging

Having a 3920 which is the worst, by far, Roku device I've ever owned, I'd say the solution is to replace it.  One caveat:  I've noticed that all of these devices that rely on a microUSB connection for power become more and more unreliable over time.  My current theory is that the connections corrode.  So, try a new USB cable, a new USB power adapter, or get some electrical contact cleaner and try cleaning all of the connectors.  It may not help, but it can't hurt.

My 3920 also gets pretty hot.  Taking it out of its case seems to help, but it's not a solution for everyone.  I'm still getting some use out of it to test things I'm working on, but I don't really use it to stream anymore.  Its network connection is generally "Poor" to a router 10' away and when it first started to go I couldn't get a voice remote to work from more than a few feet away.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
KristiS
Reel Rookie

Re: Multiple issues converging

We are having the same issue with having to reconnect the Roku 3920X several times a day now. It states we are running software version 12.5.0 Build 4178-91; Which is hte latest to our understanding. We have done all the troubleshooting steps, replaced batteries and reset now for three days in a row, several times a day. What gives? 

Not an internet connection, screen is on, but cannot use the select buttons, volume or anything. Have to completely reset, to get it to work. Then after viewing a show or a movie, it freezes again, sometimes in the middle. I have changed all the settings and updated things according to the previous posts. This one seems to be the most helpful! 

Is this player obsolete? I am trying to search for details on this, and I see this is a constant problem. I appreciate the input on the microUSB, which it does have. Is it just time to update to a new system, and if so - do I go with the ULTRA? or skip it? 

Advice would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.