Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SWH48

Model 3920X Roku Premiere WiFi connectivity

I have Model 3920X Roku Premiere streaming device I am trying to connect to my new updated Verizon router.  Roku scanned and identified network and I have excellent connection.  However, I cannot connect to network using either the main or guest passwords.  I have attempted resetting Roku, including factory reset, unplugging Roku device from TV and outlet without success.  Until I changed router, I experienced no connectivity problem.  I checked my Verizon account and it sees my device (MAC ID), but shows up as offline.  Connection type for this device says Wireless 2.4G.  I don't think I need to reset my new router because all of my other devices connect to WiFi without problem.  I'm at a loss on what to do next.  Please advise.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Model 3920X Roku Premiere WiFi connectivity

Make sure the 2.4 GHz radio has all three modes enabled. That would be B/G/N. With some routers, and for no known reason, if the mode is only set to G/N the Roku has issues connecting. It doesn't happen with all hardware, as I don't have issues with my Comcast modem. But because of other issues I had with the modem I placed it in Bridge mode and installed a separate Linksys router as my firewall and all my connection issues went away. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos