Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
opensky515

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

They either have a genuine interest in their higher education to get study abroad on scholarship. But it's not just them who give the ridiculous "reset the router" advice. The same "advice" is the first thing I've ever heard when I have an internet issue with a provider like Verizon or Comcast. I've never found that to be a solution in any way. The modem may occasionally be the issue. But most of the time, the issue is with the problematic gadget. Although it's not completely improbable, most routers are only fundamental I/O devices.

0 Kudos
willhuneycutt
Channel Surfer

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

It makes me think of the British show the I.T. crowd, where the tech support for the company is always answering the call with "Have you tried turning it off and back on again?"  

we switched back to our roku TV that's hardwired, no issue since it's not using wi-fi. But the wireless roku device started staying connected for a month or so before I repaired the TV, so my guess is maybe the software/firmware got updated. I guess we'll find out next time we need it when traveling.

0 Kudos