Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debbieb2

Issues connecting to wireless network

Hi 

Im having this same issue. Xfiniity just "upgraded" their speeds but thats when i noticed my apps stopped working. It connects to the internet then it says no network connection. I've factory reset it, updated the software up to 11.5 using my phone hotspot, been on the phone for hours with Xfinity who has reset my modem and run multiple tests. I have no problem connecting on my smart phone/ laptop but no streaming services work on the roku. It does ask me to pick home or dorm/hotel, i pick home and it changes nothing.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Issues connecting to wireless network

@Debbie2

Thanks for the post.

What specific Roku model device are you using?

For customers who are using a Xfinity wireless network, we recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue. 

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos