Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeaves

Internet connection ot HDMI 1 &2

My Roku TV tells me that it is connected to the internet and I can watch live TV.  However, when I switch to HDMI 1 or 2 it tells me that there is no internet although my router address is "saved".  How do I connect to the internet on HDMI 1 & 2?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Internet connection ot HDMI 1 &2

What devices do you have connected to HDMI 1 and 2?  I would assume that if you select HDMI 1 or 2, and see “no internet”, then it is whatever devices you have connected to those inputs that are saying that.

By any chance are seeing “no signal” rather than “no internet”????  It would be totally normal to see “no signal” if you have nothing connected there or the devices are turned off or asleep.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Internet connection ot HDMI 1 &2

@Jeaves 

The devices you have plugged into HDMI 1 and HDMI2 need to connect to your router independently of the RokuTV. (They must be wifi/internet capable).

The RokuTV does not "share" or gives a HDMI connected device an internet connection.

Instead, you need to connect the HDMI connected device to the network/router so that it gets its own LAN IP address. (usually through wifi).  After you switch over to HDMI 1, use the device's remote or controller (not the RokuTV remote), and search through the Settings of the device for a "connection" menu of some sort.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos