Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juicejockey
Binge Watcher

If my Roku Express Media Player isn't used for a couple of days, it loses the wifi connection.

I have the same issue with a Roku 4K+ device.  My state of the art router is in the center of the home with one Roku 25' from it on the West side and the other Roku device 25' on the East side. No both Roku's are the exact same model and only the East side one loses Wifi when not in use. Both progaming is set the same. I also have Roku device (same model) on the lower floor and is 70' away and it works perfectly and never loses Wifi. I have tried setting the failing device to both 2.4 & 5 Ghz channels with no improvement. Any ideas on why this is happening? If I restart the problem device its fine and never loses connection while in use.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: If my Roku Express Media Player isn't used for a couple of days, it loses the wifi connection.

Hello @juicejockey

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help you. Please respond to the following inquiries:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to?
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
For troubleshooting, I recommend visiting our Support page here: How to improve the Wi-Fi® or wireless internet connection to your Roku® streaming device

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
juicejockey
Binge Watcher

Re: If my Roku Express Media Player isn't used for a couple of days, it loses the wifi connection.

I have tried 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands and it does the same on each. Can't get much closer than 25 feet. If you read my post its all there. Same model unit on a different floor and 70 feet away works fine and never disconnects.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @juicejockey 

Thanks for the follow up regarding internet connectivity on your Roku device.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried switching out a working Roku device to the same location that you are having an issue with to see if the connectivity is still an issue? In addition, have you tried moving the device that you are having an issue with to a location that you aren't experiencing internet connectivity issue? Lastly, how are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos