Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandro442

How to fix Roku error code 016 (cannot connect to internet)

piece of junk this is what you get for $100 tv=everything else in the house works but roku blames internet provider=don't ever buy a roku tv ever again

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to fix Roku error code 016 (cannot connect to internet)

Hi @sandro442,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We'd like to know more about this issue that you're experiencing. What kind of Roku device are you using right now? (Roku Express, Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Ultra, Roku Streambar, Roku TV-Specify) How far is your device from your router?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
YTTV
Reel Rookie

I fixed it by using a netgear app that scans your network and gives you which channel gives you the best connection.

0 Kudos
sjs-r

Roku express, 2 foot from router, older Sanyo tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sjs-r,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to be of assistance here on this issue with your network connection. Could you tell us when you started seeing the issue occur? Are there any recent changes to your network that might be related to this?

Please let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
yel
Reel Rookie

I was watching it yesterday, I walked to the bathroom and back and the screen says 016. I have unplugged everything , gone through all the restart systems and still no change. Nothing was moved, just happened. Please help, thank you 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

According to the following web page 016 is a Wi-Fi signal strength issue.  Maybe a neighbor set up a new device that's interfering or your router automatically changed to a different channel.  Is there any way you can move the device closer to your router (like on a different TV) to see if it can connect?

It would help to know the model number of device displayed under Settings->System->About and who your ISP (Internet service provider) is.

How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet | Official Roku Su...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos