Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrisxryan
Reel Rookie

Re: How to connect my roku tv with the xfinity public network?

I can connect with my phone hotspot, but I’m trying to connect to the xfinitywifi which is a public wifi hotspot. When connecting it connects instantly without prompting the “are you in a hotel or dorm” prompt where I would be able to enter my xfinity information to be able to log into the comfort wifi hotspot. That prompt never shows. I’ve done everything possible. Troubleshooted everything. It never shows up. I’ve read so many other people having this same issue when traveling or staying at hotels. It’s a reoccurring issue. We need a fix. I can’t use my Roku device 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Chrisxryan

Thanks for your post.

Buffering usually occurs when your internet connection provided by your ISP cannot supply data fast enough for the playback device. Try these simple tips and troubleshooting steps as this may help with the connectivity issue 👉 8 tips to improve your wireless internet connection (roku.com)

We hope it helps! Keep us posted!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Chrisxryan
Reel Rookie

It’s not an issue of signal strength. Roku does not show the “hotel/dorm” prompt anymore. If you look at the countless forums of this issue. It’s constantly happening to anyone trying to connect to public wifi hotspot or hotel internet. I have tried ever single troubleshoot. I’ve spent 7 hours working on this and not once has the hotel/dorm prompt showed. I need that to show up so I can use my xfinity log in information to be able to connect. It shows I’m connected to the wifi, but it’s actually not because I can’t bring up the captive portal. It doesn’t get internet connection due to this. It could be a simple fix but I’ve read the other comments in forums and this problem has been happening since early 2020. It’s been 3 years. No fix no solution. I don’t know if chromecast or Amazon fire stick would work with the public wifi but I’m about to try because I’m so frustrated. Roku has been my favorite layout and platform until now. This needs to be addressed 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Chrisxryan

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Chrisxryan

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.