Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uvy047
Channel Surfer

How to connect my roku tv with the xfinity public network?

I live in college. I have my roku tv & also I have an account with xfinity. We have open public network for xfinity in my college. I can connect my phone with this public wifi network & use my login ID & Password

how can I do that I. My roku tv@

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to connect my roku tv with the xfinity public network?

@Uvy047

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connecting to the public wireless network and authenticating the wireless network with your Xfinity credentials? If you are unable to access the network in that way, most college students will connect their Roku device using the Roku Hotel & Dorm feature. Please be aware that in order for you to use this feature, the Roku device will need to have already been activated.

For more information about the Roku Hotel & Dorm feature, visit our Support page here: Hotel & Dorm Connect

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Uvy047
Channel Surfer

I tried all. But none of this work for me. I don’t have android roku tv. Is there anyway you can provide the video for that. I have TCL-Roku tv.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Uvy047

Thanks for the follow up.

As previously stated, is your Roku TV already activated? Have you tried first connecting to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if your are able to connect?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Uvy047
Channel Surfer

Yes, my roku tv is active & it does connect with my phone wifi hotspot & also with my other phone. With WiFi hotspot I can watch YouTube, Netflix & everything.

I am also able to connect with xfinity public network. But, I am not able to you the internet with it. Because, it is not let me put my user I’d & password.my tv does not have a browser, so using that I can put my I’d & password.

Thanks 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Uvy047
Channel Surfer

Now I am able to connect with dorm/hotel connections. when I connect with TV wifi, it is taking me to the browser with xfinity login page. But it is goes away in a second & the tv wifi keep coming & going. So, don’t know what is going on?  Sometimes it comes & sometime it doesn’t.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
ChrisBeRad

Love that they still don’t have a solution for this. The Roku express doesn’t work with the Xfinity hotspots anymore cause it doesn’t support 5GHz. So I went out and bought a Roku express 4k+ which refuses to pop up the hotel/dorm option so I literally can’t even use it. This has been a problem for years which Roku has yet to address or fix. I’m beyond unhappy about this 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @ChrisBeRad

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing: 

-Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?
-Have you tried connecting your device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if it will connect?
-Is there any error message when trying to connect?
-What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
-Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help get connected? How to use Hotel and Dorm Connect to connect to the internet

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Chrisxryan
Reel Rookie

I bought a Roku express 4k+. I’m trying to use it while traveling using xfinity public hotspots. When I try connecting to the xfinitywifi it shows it’s connected but it will never actually connect to internet because the prompt that says “I am at a hotel or college dorm” never pops up. Therefore I am unable to log in to the wifi using my xfinity credentials. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. I have read countless forums and looked at all the Roku support pages. The amount of people who have had this same problem is really surprising. I just spent money on the Roku device and now I can’t even use it. This needs to be fixed. This seems to be a constant problem spanning several years, it hasn’t been addressed or fixed. This affects people on the go and travelers. I can’t even use the device. I love Roku but this flaw makes it so I just wasted money on a product I can’t use 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Chrisxryan

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be delighted to look closely to see how we may assist you in getting started. Do you receive an error message when attempting to connect to your wireless network or when streaming a specific channel?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried re-connecting your Roku to a solid wireless network to see if that helps resolve the issue you are seeing? You may also try to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as another mobile phone signal typically provided and maintained by specific mobile phone (cellular) service providers, to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.