Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paipvora

How can I watch Roku in the car while traveling?

I’m trying to figure out if I can use a portable dvd player to watch Roku on if I use hotspot off of my phone ?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

[reply removed]

[Reply removed.  Sorry, I gave a bad answer]

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: How can I watch Roku in the car while traveling?

Unless your portable DVD player has an HDMI input, you can't view anything on it other than a DVD disc. Very, very few devices will have such an input. To view any Roku player, you need a display with an HDMI input. Some cars now come with rear seat entertainment systems that offer inputs for other devices. You can also buy portable displays with HDMI inputs. 

Besides the Internet connection (which a phone hotspot provides quite well), you need to power the Roku and display. Depending on the model of Roku, you might be able to power it from a USB port within the car. The monitor however, will likely require 120v AC, which is not often available within a car. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Tjf63

How do I get my Roku stick to connect with my iPhone 14 hot spot?

I have Roku plugged in to hdmi input of kenwood car stereo (1057xr)and into usb for power.

when I turn on stereo, the Roku Home Screen is displayed on stereo screen however I can’t access anything that is displayed on stereo screen. roku remote won’t work. I noticed Roku stick has a flashing white light ? 

How specifically do I connect with my iPhone hot spot?

0 Kudos
atc98092

You have to have a working remote to connect the Roku to your phone hotspot. Since it's a Stick, it has to be an official Roku WiFi Direct remote. You didn't state the model number of your Stick. As long as it's not one of the really old (Purple case) remotes, the remotes Roku offers on their web site should work. The remote must be paired with the Stick for it to work. IR remotes will not work on any model of Roku Stick. 

This site can assist you with pairing a remote with your Stick.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.