Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syndreams
Reel Rookie

[HULU] Fast forwarding on Hulu causes my Roku to disconnect from Wi-Fi

No matter if I use 2.4 ghz, 5, single band, dual band, or even Hotspot wifi, if I try to skip forward on hulu (or go too fast in selecting a show) it will completely disconnect my roku from wifi and I have to reset my wifi connection to my roku. This is not my first device to do this same thing and I've tried factory resets, modem/router resets, even different isp since I moved. If anyone has any hints or help it would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Fast forwarding on hulu causes roku to disconnect from wifi

Hi there @Syndreams, congrats on your first post on the Roku Community. You've come to the right place to troubleshoot tricky issues. Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing when streaming Hulu, along with all of the troubleshooting that you've done. Well done! 

Let's try a few things to get you back up and running.

First, is this issue only happening on Hulu or do you notice it on other apps as well?

Try this, remove Hulu from your home screen. Do this by pressing the * button on your remote when highlighting the channel icon, then choose "Remove Channel." Then, restart your Roku device completely from the Restart menu under Settings. After your device turns back on, go ahead and re-install Hulu and try it out for a few days.

Let us know what you find, we're looking forward to hearing if this resolved the issue or not for you.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
Syndreams
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately I've tried that before, and again just now, but I'm still being disconnected.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Syndreams,

Thanks for following up and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far to try to resolve your issue with the Hulu channel.

Just to verify, are all other streaming channels playing content normally?

For additional help solving an issue any playback issue, you refer to the detailed Support article here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Syndreams
Reel Rookie

Netflix and Disney+ will do it once in a blue moon, but Hulu does it every use.

As for the article you provided, I've tried everything there, plus more.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Syndreams,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing additional information about the issue with the Hulu channel.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach them here: Hulu Support

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos