Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EH333

Re: Excellent wifi strength but roku has no internet?

Jump to solution

I thought you were kidding about the secret screen, but I found it.  But the antenna and glitch bars are all clear.  Would your solutions still help me to get my SSID to show up in Roku?

0 Kudos
di-OR
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi, I have no clue about a secret screen EH333, is this working for you?  Still searching for fixing password errors of valid passwords that worked the first time to reconnect to internet.  Roku will call me today they say, we have 3 roku's at our house.  Only one is working in the living room.

0 Kudos
Depep
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree. My apples streamer works perfect. Not sure what else to do

0 Kudos
Depep
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Kinda of strange. The Roku worked fine, now it’s not. No support. Moving the Tv is ridiculous. My Apple streamer is perfect and all other devices work perfect. It’s all with Roku and they have no clue. What remedies has any one tried besides moving the Tv and the steps noted above

Depep
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am doing all of this :the Wi-Fi secret menu and adjusting my router based on the antenna strength and glitch/sec bars. I had to move my tv about an inch forward which dropped the glitch/sec down to 1/4 the bar. Before the inch move it was maxed. Stupid, I know. But, it seemed to work. I am not doing this to make my other devices go haywire.  Roku should know what is wrong

0 Kudos
cheerful24
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree. If Roku doesn't work use Apple TV or Amazon Fire Stick, or any device that does.  Roku has serious problems if they try to get people to jump through hoops instead of figuring out why their stuff doesn't work. 

0 Kudos
Balynt1

Jump to solution

It turns out that I have a Wi-Fi router and ae extender. The Roku was having a hard time knowing which one to choose as the TV location is in between. Once I limited the selection to one, I had no problem. In the meantime,  I tried Fire TV and Xfinity. Really like the Roku interface much more!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, speedtest shows 20 download and 5 upload which is perfect. All of my devices and computers work perfect on my wifi, except ROKU which suffers slow download speed. What is wrong with my multiple ROKU sticks????

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @4785

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be delighted to look closely to see how we may assist you in getting started. Do you receive an error message when attempting to connect to your wireless network or when streaming a specific channel?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried re-connecting your Roku to a solid wireless network to see if that helps resolve the issue you are seeing? You may also try to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as another mobile phone signal typically provided and maintained by specific mobile phone (cellular) service providers, to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
klt

Jump to solution

I was having same issue, my issue was that WiFi router needed updated firmware installed 

0 Kudos