Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't update software error 003

Jump to solution

I just realized you're speaking of a NowTV stick.  Are they still supported at all?  They may use different servers than regular Roku devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Max55
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks maybe that's the reason and yes it is a NowTV Smart Stick but why I can't get original software and factory release to get home page with basically app, so stupid that. It was running 'till i made a factory reset to delete all accounts stored in one click grrrrr

0 Kudos
Donwoohay

Re: Error 003 - Can't update software

Jump to solution

None of these solutions work. There is no other device connected to the my network. I even tried to use my phone's hot spot.  Is my device defective? 

0 Kudos
Max55
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@renojimthanks a lot for suggestion, I'm wondering if there will be any software solution to send firmware to MAC address of NowTV Stick? Can you ask to the factory (we are many owners of sticks blocked) if you have any conctact to solve ours problem?

Grayboss
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please help I have unplugged my router reset my Roku Streaming Stick (3800 series) switvhed HDMI ports used my mobile hotspot disconnect everything device from my home WiFi and I continuously get the same message please help 

0 Kudos
Grayboss
Reel Rookie

Error 003 please help tried everything

Jump to solution

Please help I have unplugged my router reset my Roku Streaming Stick (3800 series) switched HDMI ports used my mobile hotspot disconnect every device from my home WiFi and I continuously get the same message please help 

0 Kudos
marc2k
Reel Rookie

Error Code 003 after reboots and different router

Jump to solution

I have tried my Roku stick on 3 TV's and 2 different wireless networks. Rebooted both routers and the Roku and continue to get error 003?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error 003 please help tried everything

Jump to solution

Hi @Grayboss,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for raising this concern directly with us!

We understand you are having a problem with the Roku streaming stick since it will disconnect from your network. We're happy to assist you further. Error 003 means you have an unstable network connection, usually caused by fluctuations in speed or signal strength. It is also important to consider the number of devices connected to your network. Please check out this support article on how to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

We hope this helps. Please keep us posted if there's anything else we can do to assist you.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
marc2k
Reel Rookie

Re: Error Code 003 after reboots and different router

Jump to solution

I have tried all of your suggestion's multiple times without success. Is it possible that the stick is just not working?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @marc2k,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

I see that you're having a network issue with your Roku device. If you're getting Error 003, it simply means that your network connection might be a bit unstable. Even if your internet is usually strong, fluctuations in speed or signal strength can cause these hiccups. We suggest that you contact your internet service provider for additional help with this concern.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.