Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku can't connect to Network

@vatilgema-

Your problem may have been caused by an update to your router which affects some Roku models. The update changes the router's wifi connection parameters from b/g/n to g/n.  This has been reported with equipment from Comcast/Xfinity and Cox, and more recently ATT, but there may be others. 

Affected users report the Roku identifies the local network as available and rates the connection quality, but will not then connect. The fix is to switch the router configuration protocols from the g/n wifi set by the update back to b/g/n.

If you don't have access to your router's  configuration controls you may have to have your internet provider do it for you. 

Step-by-step post from @AvsGunnar for Comcast/Xfinity users: https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
evelynflores
Reel Rookie

Re: Error connection code 014.30

I just get an "Unable to connect to wireless network" along with the error code and now all the other Roku's in my house don't won't which sucks so I don't even know what to do at this point. 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@evelynflores

I hope you're doing well.

If you haven't tried yet, I'd recommend following the suggestion posted by @makaiguy above. Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DJ12
Reel Rookie

Re: Error 014.30 stuck for three days

I was really hoping that would work for my Roku Express. but I ended up losing all connections. I have Xfinity. My LG smart TV, the Flex streaming player and I also have a Roku TV all lost connections. I had to go  and change the setting back. I have been dealing with this issue for 4 days. Unplugging, restarting dozens of times, used those button sequences on the remote at least 30 times. What I tried  was unplugging the Express for hours, then tried the button sequence again. It is now working, crazy!! This unit is more than a year old, I don’t think these things last very long.

0 Kudos
evelynflores
Reel Rookie

Yeah I was able to fix my issue. I looked into more of the question's people had asked on here and messed with my router configuration settings.

0 Kudos

I'm on AT&T and my Roku Premier (3920X) was working fine until this morning.  I reset the Roku, my router and did a factory reset with no luck.  I was able to connect to a hotspot on my iPad, so I new it had to be an issue with the router.  I went into the wireless settings on the BGW320-505 router and the default for wireless is g/n.  I assume they pushed an update.  I updated it to b/g/n and was able to connect to it from my Roku without issue.

Tags (2)
AvsGunnar

@AustinVillan 

Thanks for posting your fix.  Always appreciated.  Starting to see more AT&T customers being affected now as well.  

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
ddefrench

I am not getting my Roku to do anything!  The remote stopped working last night - we have 2 devices and the second one is working fine.  I have tried to use a downloadable remote - it worked for a couple of hours - tried to reset and now the remote control app won’t work to set it up. What can I do?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@ddefrench 

You now have a little catch 22 here.  If you have Reset (meaning Factory Reset) the Roku device, you will not be able to use the Mobile Remote App until you successfully activate/setup the Roku device.  (you basically need a physical remote to set up a new Roku device or a Roku device that has been Factory Reset).  The Roku has lost its assigned IP address during the Factory Reset that the mobile app remotes use to connect to the Roku device.

What are your Roku model numbers? (both problem device and the working device), your router model number and your ISP (internet service provider)?

-----

There is a possibility depending on the Roku model numbers that you can just use your other Roku device's physical remote and use that to set up the non-working Roku. (pair it to the non-working Roku).  If you find that you can use the other remote, then you might have to try using a mobile hotspot if available to you on the 2.4 ghz band to get through the setup.

Then you can address the issue why it is not connecting to internet.  I know a little too late for you, but users should only Factory Reset as a last step in troubleshooting and always have a working physical Roku remote. (this info more for others that may read this post later.) 

Post back with an update or if you need more help.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

DJ12
Reel Rookie

When you say downloadable remote, do you mean the actual Roku app from either the App Store, or Play Store?

0 Kudos