Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunnypate

Constant buffering . It was working perfectly fine yesterday and then I went to switch channels and

Jump to solution

I've contacted my internet company. It is working perfectly I checked my Wi-Fi connection. It is working perfectly. Got all three green check marks. But when I tried to go to any channel live TV. What to watch for free Netflix? The little white circle just sits and spin and nothing ever comes on

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Constant buffering . It was working perfectly fine yesterday and then I went to switch channels

Jump to solution

Hello! @Sunnypate,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community! 

We appreciate you contacting us about your Roku device's buffering issue when playing live TV and Netflix. We're pleased to assist.

• What Roku device are you using right now?
  • Does the issue occur with all content/channels, or does it only affect one specific content/channel? 
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?
  • Is this the first time you have experienced this issue? When did the problem start?

Troubleshooting steps

1. Power cycle the Roku device for 30 seconds
  2. Restart the router
  3. You can perform a Network Connection Reset on the Roku device by navigating to Settings>Advanced system settings>Network connection reset>Reset connection.
    • Note: Before doing make sure that you know your WiFi credentials. 
  4. Connect the Roku device back to the internet.

If the issue persists, you can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to ensure there is no issue with your device.

For additional information on fixing internet errors or issues with your Roku device, please check here: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

To improve your WiFi connection on your Roku device, please check it here: How to improve the WiFi or wireless internet connection to your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Constant buffering . It was working perfectly fine yesterday and then I went to switch channels

Jump to solution

Hello! @Sunnypate,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community! 

We appreciate you contacting us about your Roku device's buffering issue when playing live TV and Netflix. We're pleased to assist.

• What Roku device are you using right now?
  • Does the issue occur with all content/channels, or does it only affect one specific content/channel? 
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?
  • Is this the first time you have experienced this issue? When did the problem start?

Troubleshooting steps

1. Power cycle the Roku device for 30 seconds
  2. Restart the router
  3. You can perform a Network Connection Reset on the Roku device by navigating to Settings>Advanced system settings>Network connection reset>Reset connection.
    • Note: Before doing make sure that you know your WiFi credentials. 
  4. Connect the Roku device back to the internet.

If the issue persists, you can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to ensure there is no issue with your device.

For additional information on fixing internet errors or issues with your Roku device, please check here: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

To improve your WiFi connection on your Roku device, please check it here: How to improve the WiFi or wireless internet connection to your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.