Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sophie2

Re: Connectivity issues on Roku device

Spoiler
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sophie2,

Thanks for your first post to the Roku Community!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fithian82

My roku is doing the same thing. I too have tried everything resetting the roku. I'm plugging it restart it reboot the router nothing seemed to work. The only way I Finally got it to reconnect is by changing the password to my wifi and then reconnecting. It will then connect to the Wi-Fi only until the next time. I go to watch It. It's disconnected again and then I have to repeat the process. Every single time I watch the Roku please help me with the solution?? @RokuJechealR 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Fithian82,

Thanks for the first post to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing the issue you are experiencing with network connectivity on your Roku device and the troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the issue. We'd like to know how we can help with this, but we need more details to see if there are any options that we can look into further. Refer to these questions to better identify the issue you're experiencing:

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • What is your device's OS version?
  • Are you receiving error messages or codes?
  • Who is your internet service provider? (ISP)

We'll be eager to wait for your update.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dhtong

I am having the same issue. I have 2 Roku Premier boxes and both suddenly stopped working tonight. After resetting, a message is shown "performing final updating" but it never went further than that. I tried connecting it via wired and wireless but no success. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dhtong,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing with us what happened to your Roku devices. We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing. May we know what error codes or messages you encountered while connecting your Roku device to the wired and wireless networks? Also, have you tried to connect your Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same problem?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.