Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raul-WA4TPR
Channel Surfer

Bluetooth Audio Output Compatibility

I want to install a streaming player on a projector HDMI port, but the projector does not provide audio therefore I need to send my audio through Bluetooth. I cannot find anywhere a list of which streaming players can "Pair" with an external speaker and or headphone. Can someone please let me know the models of Roku's that can provide this.  

Thanks in advance!!

Raul,

Lake Placid, Florida

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Bluetooth Audio Output Compatibility

Hi @Raul-WA4TPR,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your inquiry regarding options for audio output. You can use the official Roku mobile app and utilize the private listening feature to access the audio through your headphones. For more information about the Roku mobile app, kindly refer to this link: Roku mobile app

Please let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bluetooth Audio Output Compatibility

@Raul-WA4TPR-

Some of the newer Roku devices now have the capability of connecting to Bluetooth devices directly. See this Roku article for details and list of devices: https://support.roku.com/article/12210854415383

Aside from the specific models mentioned in that article, you can not directly send audio from the Roku via Bluetooth.   As mentioned by @RokuTakashi above, for this you must use the Roku Remote app on a phone or tablet, and connect the Bluetooth receiver to the phone/tablet.

One other possibility is to run the HDMI output from the Roku device through an HDMI audio extractor which can provide you with a separate audio output to connect to another device and pass the video on down the line.  HDMI audio extractor page on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=HDMI+AUDIO+EXTRACTOR

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos