Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rose_1

3930X is now useless nightmare can't reconnect with wifi or hard wire

Jump to solution

I started having connectivity dropping issues, especially with Tubi.  My connectivity is hard wired, not wifi.  So, I tried many options: (not in this order)

Disconnecting/removing all wires and restarting

Removing connection

Removing device

Wired only

WiFi only

SSID connection attempt

Verified everything using ISP on computer (device, password, connection, etc.)

Turned off VPN

Verified my payment/etc. was current.

Nothing worked.  The system won't permit me beyond the WiFi connection.  My password is correct.  Did a device IP address check, and everything is fine.  I now can't re-add the device.

The Roku device simply won't go beyond the WiFi password screen.  It's crazy.  I'm so so disappointed in Roku because I can't technically override on my computer, add a device, or anything reasonable. 

I still get the tossed out during the WiFi connection.  It tosses the WiFi connection out so fast, I can't even select the non WiFi option.  I don't receive a bad password notice.  I went as technically deep as possible.  

Would be thrilled with any help.  Roku's help system is awful and won't permit call in.  Bad support, especially when a quick phone call would suffice.  

Any solution?  Will most likely dump Roku and do without.  It's too much trouble at this point.  I should not have to invest in a new device just because hardwired or WiFi connectivity was a sudden problem.  Yikes even posting this was a nightmare. 

Many thanks!

Ps - Not only was posting a nightmare, now I'll get stupid badges and newbie status. plus useless emails.  If I unsubscribe from the emails, I'll lose my post.  Too much stress from Roku.  I don't want any of that stuff.  Probably get targeted by AI now too.  Grrrrrr

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 3930X is now useless nightmare can't reconnect with wifi or hard wire

Jump to solution

@Rose_1 

Go to Settings/System/About on your Roku device and verify that you actually have a Roku Express 3930.

----

An Express 3930 is a 2.4ghz-only device that does not have the ability to use an ethernet wired connection (only the newer Express 3960 model has this capability in the Express HD line).  Other devices here https://support.roku.com/article/360058027813.

----

Since you are seeing the Roku device on the network screen, seems like your 2.4ghz band is enabled (turned on) and the Express wifi module is likely working.  Try the following and see if anything improves.

1. Try powering the Express from the wall if currently using using the TV USB port for power. (use any 5volt, 1amp cell phone charging charging adapter and cable).

2. Make sure your 2.4ghz band is using "wireless mode" b/g/n.  You will usually need to enter the router settings (or mobile app for the ISP), and make this change under the 2.4 band Settings.

3. Change your wifi pasword. Try using a simple password with no special characters. (just use numbers and letters).

4. Perform Network Connection Reset on Roku device. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset?Reset Connection).

----

Feel free to update posting.  Provide your router model number and ISP (internet service provider) as well if still having issues.

----

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 3930X is now useless nightmare can't reconnect with wifi or hard wire

Jump to solution

@Rose_1 

Go to Settings/System/About on your Roku device and verify that you actually have a Roku Express 3930.

----

An Express 3930 is a 2.4ghz-only device that does not have the ability to use an ethernet wired connection (only the newer Express 3960 model has this capability in the Express HD line).  Other devices here https://support.roku.com/article/360058027813.

----

Since you are seeing the Roku device on the network screen, seems like your 2.4ghz band is enabled (turned on) and the Express wifi module is likely working.  Try the following and see if anything improves.

1. Try powering the Express from the wall if currently using using the TV USB port for power. (use any 5volt, 1amp cell phone charging charging adapter and cable).

2. Make sure your 2.4ghz band is using "wireless mode" b/g/n.  You will usually need to enter the router settings (or mobile app for the ISP), and make this change under the 2.4 band Settings.

3. Change your wifi pasword. Try using a simple password with no special characters. (just use numbers and letters).

4. Perform Network Connection Reset on Roku device. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset?Reset Connection).

----

Feel free to update posting.  Provide your router model number and ISP (internet service provider) as well if still having issues.

----

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos