Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KY2
Channel Surfer

Wireless Doorbell Won't Record Videos Or Pictures Manually

I have the wireless doorbell.  When I go into the app and select the doorbell if I try to record the camera video to my phone or take a picture manually it says to allow permission to my storage for Smart Home to take pictures and videos.  I went into my phone settings for my apps and gave Smart Home permissions for every listed under app permissions.  I still get the same item and it still won't record or take pics.  It is an android phone by the way.

19 REPLIES 19
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wireless Doorbell Won't Record Videos Or Pictures Manually

Hi, @KY2 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we'd be more than glad to assist. To make sure that the Smart Home records the pictures and videos, you need to ensure that you have allowed the storage and other important aspects under the app permission so that the Roku Smart Home app is able to have full access and record the videos and images.

Additionally, you may want to restart your Android phone to have optimal usage.

Please keep us posted regarding this, and we can assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ImUncleFester
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue. I have given every permission available that I can see but it's still telling me to give access to the storage. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ImUncleFester

Thanks for sharing your first post here in the Roku Community!

We see that this is also affecting your device. Try to reinstall the app and set it up again to see if that reproduces the same issue.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alicia330
Reel Rookie

I also have this issue and I have an Android (Google Pixel 7). I have done everything suggested above - given the app all permissions, restarted my Android and then also deleting and reinstalling the app altogether. It still does not work. One thing to note is that the permission DOES work on my two indoor cameras. It only does not work on my wireless video doorbell.

0 Kudos
ImUncleFester
Reel Rookie

I don't have other cameras that I can try with. I have tried all the suggested methods so far and can't get it to work. I have a Galaxy Note 20.

0 Kudos
ImUncleFester
Reel Rookie

I tried removing the app from my phone (Galaxy Note 20) and reinstalled it. I also made sure to restart my phone after and I'm still having the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Alicia330
Reel Rookie

Hi can you please respond to the other posts in this string? It seems like a number of us are having the identical issue.

0 Kudos
KY2
Channel Surfer

I have removed the doorbell and reinstalled.  Did not fix it.  I have deleted the app and did not fix it.  I have restarted my phone and did not fix it.  I deleted the app off my Google Pixel 8 and installed it on an old iPhone I have.  Worked perfectly.  Uninstalled the app from the old iPhone.  Installed it back on my android.  Still does not work.  Granted every permission possible.  My other cameras work perfectly.  This is clearly an issue with android.  After the app issue with the android and now this you would think Roku would be pushing harder to get their android game together.   

0 Kudos
Alicia330
Reel Rookie

Thank you for trying it out on your iPhone. That narrows it down and I agree it seems to be a bug in the app, but only when installed in Android. Frustrating. 

0 Kudos