Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicole_15

Subscription on Roku Camera

Jump to solution

I recently have invested and got a Roku indoor camera I'm just a tad confused on why a subscription is required for me to get notifications regarding the video footage like how come there isn't options for just basic free package for those with lower incomes?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Subscription on Roku Camera

Jump to solution

Hi, @Nicole_15.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to help. We have many options available completely free without a subscription. Here is what you can do without a subscription:

1. Live streaming, no cloud recording
  2. Basic motion and sound detection, no filtering for people, package deliveries, and more
  3. Push notifications
  4. 5-minute cool-down period between event alerts

Additionally, you may refer to Roku's official support article for more information and guidelines on How to sign up for and manage a Roku Smart Home Subscription for cameras & doorbells | Official Roku...

If you have further questions or inquiries, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Subscription on Roku Camera

Jump to solution

Hi, @Nicole_15.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to help. We have many options available completely free without a subscription. Here is what you can do without a subscription:

1. Live streaming, no cloud recording
  2. Basic motion and sound detection, no filtering for people, package deliveries, and more
  3. Push notifications
  4. 5-minute cool-down period between event alerts

Additionally, you may refer to Roku's official support article for more information and guidelines on How to sign up for and manage a Roku Smart Home Subscription for cameras & doorbells | Official Roku...

If you have further questions or inquiries, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos