Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick24
Reel Rookie

Sharp 55in Roku Tv Not Responding To Alexa

Hi all got my son a sharp 55in roku tv it says it works with alexa but i am having issues getting it to work.

I have checked everywhere online and just cant seem to fix the issue i have enabled fast start on the tv and linked the roku with my alexa skills it is found on the alexa app when searching it and when i give it a command like "turn on bedroom roku" "open netflix" or anything really alexa tells me that its not responding. 

Any help is greatly appreciated if u need any more info to help me just let me know thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sharp 55in Roku Tv Not Responding To Alexa

Hi @Nick24,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're having an issue with your device not responding to Alexa. This has already been communicated with the right team, and they are currently looking into it.

In the meantime, could you also share with us the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Could you share with us the error message you're seeing?

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nick24
Reel Rookie

@RokuERey 

Device model- 55FJ2K

Serial- X01900XX161P

Device ID- S0XXH38X161P

Hardware ID- G871X

Software Version- 12.5.5 build 4174-GJ

I dont have a error message to display its all setup correctly via the alexa app its when ever i ask alexa a command ie "alexa switch on roku" alexa responds with "roku is not repsonding" 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Nick24,

Thanks for the update!

This will do, and thanks for flagging us about this. I'll forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further assistance.

We'll make sure to update the Roku community as soon as we obtain more information on this.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wjones90

Same issue with Alexa…

Device model- 50S435

Serial- X00000G919W8

Device ID- S08770D919W8

Hardware ID- C157X

Software Version- 12.5.0 build 4176-93

There is no TCL Assistant App to get a code from via the settings menu and Alexa does not detect the TV.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @wjones90,

We appreciate you providing these details here in the Roku Community!

We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. We have also forwarded your concern and information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix the issue as soon as possible.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.