Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atstech1
Reel Rookie

No Sound from Home Monitoring Hub

My home monitoring system has been working fine for weeks now. Today I noticed that when I activated my "Away" mode, the keypad said system is arming but there was now sound from my Monitoring Hub. So I even allowed it time to arm and opened the door and there was no siren. Not even a notification that my door sensor was opened. I tried unplugging the Monitoring Hub device for a minute but this did not help, perhaps because it is on battery backup. I have several door sensors (6) so I'm hoping I do not have to start all over with setup. Any ideas on what is wrong or how to fix?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Sound from Home Monitoring Hub

Hi @atstech1,

From the Roku Community, a warm welcome and thanks for raising this concern directly with us!

We understand you are having a problem with the entry sensors on your Roku smart home monitoring system, as they will not give you a siren or notification. We're happy to help. Please try the troubleshooting steps below:

Restart your home monitoring system

1. Unplug the USB cable from the back of the hub
  2. Hold the reset button down for 10-15 seconds until the lights on the top turn off.
  3. Once the hub is off wait 10 seconds and then plug the USB back into the hub. This should power the hub back up.

Roku Home Monitoring Accessories: Remove the batteries from the home monitoring accessory and then reinsert them by sliding the compartment open, removing the old battery, and putting in a fresh AAA.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atstech1
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your reply. I followed your instructions.  First I was mistaken before, the door sensors are working and I receive notification when the doors are opened and closed. This is a new system. I unplugged the power cable, held down the reset button but the lights didn't go completely out. Of the three lights, the middle one turned off but the left and right lights only dimmed. Then they all three came back on. Then the first two went on while the third stayed on. Then they all flashed from left to right 1, 2, 3... 1, 2, 3, etc for a few cycles then all three lights came back on steady. Still, so sound from the speaker when I arm, or open door. Could this be a faulty unit?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us updated, @atstech1!

Please be advised that restarting the Roku smart home monitoring hub and the entry sensors will refresh the system, but it doesn't mean that the device is faulty.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist, please keep us posted.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atstech1
Reel Rookie

I have followed your instructions. I also called support and followed the same instructions. I was told to remove the hub from my Roku app as thenlast resort and reconfigure. I removed it and again, there is no sound. So yes, unless you can instruct me on something else to get it working, it is a faulty unit. Please advise how I can get a warranty replacement. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.