Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geekyipman
Reel Rookie

Camera feed via web browser

What can be done to be allowed on the web because each camera uses a different ip address from what I can see on my network 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Camera feed via web browser

Hi @Geekyipman,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to access the Roku cameras in your browser. We're happy to help. Please be aware that there is currently no functionality to view Roku Smart Home cameras through a web browser, but you can download the Roku Smart Home app in order to get a live stream of your Roku cameras.

You can also check out this link for more information: How to install the Roku Smart Home mobile app

If there is anything else we can do to help you, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Geekyipman
Reel Rookie

But you should be able to have that function because of the cameras having different ip addresses on your network what is stopping yall from creating it

0 Kudos

I can’t see my cameras in my phone unless my phone is connected to Wi-Fi. This problem just started a couple days ago. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Shawneejohnson,

Thanks for the inquiry, and welcome to the Roku Community!
Please be advised that you may need to have an internet connection in order to view the Roku cameras in your Roku smart home app.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DBreed531

I have a 43" Roku Smart TV and an outdoor Floodlight Camera as well as a Reolink E1 Pro indoor PTZ camera.

I have the Roku Smart Home app on my iPhone11 and the Roku Cameras Channel on my Roku TV.

I can view my camera using the TV remote to select the Roku Cameras Channel OR the iPhone11 Roku Smart Home App.

I much prefer the 43" view on TV versus the iPhone 11 screen. A TRUE No-Brainer!

To switch from my current activity/tab on the laptop, I have to select a different channel on the TV to see the camera feed. Having to go thru those steps is annoying. I would prefer to stay in the browser on my laptop, and just switch tabs to see the camera feed.

I read one post that seemed to come from the developer indicating he was working on an update to add that feature. It was not a new post, but I don't recall the date now.

Do you have any new info regarding the "View Roku Camera in a browser" issue?

TIA

David Reed

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DBreed531,

Thanks for the inquiry, and greetings from the Roku Community!
Please be informed that there is currently no option to view Roku Smart Home cameras using a web browser.

Please keep us posted if you need anything else.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DBreed531

Canned Autoresponses are WORSE than no response.

IF you had actually READ my message, you'd already know that I have the App.

That I'm already aware of the lack of the feature I want.

I was already clear about what I want.

I even asked a SPECIFIC question.

But I got NO answer to it. Not even an acknowledgement of it.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.